Background

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Say Hello To My Little Friend

So this is great... this afternoon I was picking the kids up from Sunday School. I pick up Maggie first and we had a few minutes to wait before Spencer's class was over with. So as we waited, she pranced and danced around telling me all about how her hour went and how she made a hot pink rosary and how palm Sunday was next week. After a bit, the doors to Spencer's room opened and I saw him in the back of the exit line. We waved at each other. Kids poured out of the classroom and were greeted with hugs and kisses from Moms and Dads. As Spencer got to the doors (thank goodness he was the last one), he says "Hey Mom." Then shoves his Sunday school papers under his arm and begins to use them like a machine gun and says, "say hello to my little friend."

I think I died a little bit and then thought to myself... oh, no he did not!? Then, yes - yes he did. I quickly grabbed the little booger and took him outside.

Me: "Spencer, where did you hear that?"
Spencer: "School."
Me: "SUNDAY School?"
Spencer: "No, second grade school."
Me thinking to myself: (at least he didn't say Daddy! and then, how much is private school?)
Me: Honey, do you know what that means?
Spencer: "No, but some kids do it when they act like they have guns on the playground."
Me: "Ok, well it's from a movie that isn't very nice so let's try to not say that... and certainly, we don't say that and act like we have a gun in the Lord's house."

On the way home, Matthew explained to him that we really shouldn't be saying that comment, then proceeded to reel off some other Scare Face one-liners to me. I need all the prayers I can get today, happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment