Background

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Morning Playtime

As I sit here drinking my coffee (ahhh) and watching Paula Dean make crab meat, tomato pasta (yum), I am also listening to my two older children play with one another. It truly warms my heart to see them play so well with one another.

Maggie idolizes her big brother. When he pays attention to her and plays with her, she is the happiest of happy. She giggles, wrestles with him, plays Nerf wars, runs away from him when he chases her with plastic axes and guns. Then she tries to kiss and hug him and says, "Oh yeah, we're having a date!" Then he rolls his eyes and says, "GIT! Get out of my property (the couch)!"

Then in walks little man with Maggie's Cinderella and Snow White mini dolls which normally would make Maggie realize he's been in her room and immediately send her into a fit of panic. But not when she's in the middle of playtime with big brother. She could care less, she's eating up this special time with Bubby.

I love these kids more than I can ever imagine loving any other human beings. Moments like this make all the daily craziness that comes with being a mother of three children worth it. Because, being a Mom isn't easy. It's challenging and frustrating and will wear you out on the reg. But Lord have mercy, it's so worth it. I feel so blessed to have the babies I have and thankful they love one another and SOMETIMES they play well with each other. I'll take it when I can!

2 comments:

  1. Kairos time. Carry on warrior. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Glad you love mine, because I love yours too! ;-)
      At some point we have to get together and I'm thinking the should too! Carry on...

      Delete