Background

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"I'm in the Middle of a $^&* Storm"

Last Sunday after church, Sunday school and lunch I loaded up the big kids and headed to Penn Square Mall to do some Christmas returns. Yes, Christmas returns... I know it is March, this is just how I roll. Matthew wasn't feeling great, so he and Evan stayed at home to rest and nap.

The kids and I were having a great time. I got my new watch sized, they got new shoes, we had ice cream and sodas. All was well until I got a text from Matthew. In it was a picture of Evan standing up naked in his crib, that was easy to see. But in the blurry tiny cell phone picture, I had to look closely to figure out the little brown blobs of brown stuff was poop, and lots of it. I immediately parked the kids on a mall bench and called Matthew.

Me: "Is that Evan, naked and standing in poop?"
Matthew: "Yes, I'm in the middle of a $^&* storm... literally."
Me: "Laughing through my tears... do you want me to come home to help?"
Matthew: "No. I'll get it taken care of."

Poor guy. We left the mall shortly after that call, but I still had to run to the grocery store to get supplies and food for the week. By the time we got home, the majority of everything was clean and being washed. Matthew looked at me and just laughed. He's such a champ, honestly he is!

He told me the full story about how he was resting and heard Evan yell, "Help me Daddy, help me." When he went in Evan's room to see what was up, he saw a naked jaybird jumping up and down in the crib and poop --- everywhere. He asked Evan where his diaper was. Evan replied, "Over there Daddy," and pointed to his changing table. Little man had apparently pooped his diaper then removed all his clothes and the diaper. He then must have dumped some of the brown stuff in his crib and thrown the rest with the diaper onto changing table across the room. Imagine that for a moment will ya? I would have started crying on.the.spot. Not the Hubs, he scooped Evan up, gave him two baths then proceeded to clean the room, the crib, the floors, the walls - and the WHITE bedding that we have managed to kept clean for 2+ years.

So, two lessons learned. 1) My husband is a rock star Daddy and 2) Evan now wears zip up sleepers backwards when sleeping. I've had to cut the feet out of several to make it work. So far, so good.

This kid is going to be the reason I have grey hair soon... mark my words! He's a cutie, but man oh man is he ornery!! Hard to imagine with a face like this, huh?!





2 comments:

  1. Catching up on your blog. Tim and I are sitting here this morning with tears rolling we are laughing so hard. Ingenious - backward sleepers. THAT is clever. Matthew - you're our hero! Kelly, great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, I can totally see you laughing at this one! Thanks for reading... miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete