My mother-in-law Vicki gave me this recipe. It's one of my most favorite weeknight meals. Especially fitting for rainy or cold nights. It's called Cowboy Stew. It is relatively healthy, hearty, tasty and SUPER quick - my favorite aspect. Thanks Vicki for handing this go-to recipe down to me... I love you!
What you will need:
1 lb hamburger meat (or ground turkey)
1 medium onion
1 can mild rotel (I'd prefer spicy, but the kids won)
1 can ranch style beans
1 can tomato soup
1 can diced potatoes
1 can corn
Let's do this:
Dice onion and brown with beef/turkey, drain.
In a large pot add meat and all the canned ingredients. Do not drain/strain anything, just dump it all in and warm through. Done!
I serve with shredded cheese and cornbread. It's a family favorite, and as I mentioned before - one of my favorites too. I can get the kids, get home from work, freshen up and have dinner on the table before 6 p.m. **SCORE!**
If you try it, let me know your thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment