Anyway - the night before we left I cooked up a storm to take some good eats down to Memaw. She isn't able to cook for herself very often, so I knew she would love the treats... and knew she really needed them. I individually packaged up four helpings of chicken noodle soup, lasagna, chicken tetrezinni and cowboy stew. I will post the recipes soon.
Before leaving town, we stopped at Best Buy to grab an audio recorder. Matthew's Dad has wanted to get some of Memaw's memories about the family recorded to have for future generations for a while. We all figured this was the perfect timing. Matthew's Mom also has recording of her grand parents that were recorded for Matthew to have. She's working on getting us copies. They have always sounded like such amazing people, I can't wait to hear them.
It was a beautiful day in Denison so we spent most of our time outside watching the kids run and play. It was a lovely day... great family time. Here are some pictures of the group from that day.
Brown Bear, Brown Bear. It's an obsession.
Matthew on the porch he grew up on... Memaw taking it easy.
Daddy always brings a smile.
Depth in my photo, love it!
Cheese!
Love that little hiney!
Showing him the tricks of the trade.
Mad that someone else was on the bike. This kid can throw a fit!
Going through the Daddy tunnel.
This kid has a lot of character and style!








No comments:
Post a Comment