Background

Monday, March 26, 2012

Miss Priss Takes the Stage


Every Monday the school where our kids go has a weekly pep rally, it's called Rise and Shine. There are announcements, awards and one class gets to make a special little presentation. This week Maggie's class got to take the stage. 



They made flower t-shirts in class and got to wear them this morning. Maggie was so excited to wear the shirt with her flower skirt. My little fashionista.

After the said the Pledge of Allegiance and sang a patriotic song (can't remember which one) they recited the School Creed which I think is a tremendous message.

I am a student and future of America.
My success will depend on my desire, 
my discipline and my dedication.

I am free to take risks. Even if I make mistakes,
I have learned something.
I accept the responsibility for my behavior and its results.
I accept the challenge to be a lifelong learner.
I will endeavor to do the very best I can,
every day, in every way.

With the help of my family, teachers and community,
I will set the goals that will determine my future.

I WILL SUCCEED!



After the Creed the class performed a precious song and dance routine to "Each of Us is a Flower, Growing in Life's Garden." A-Dorable! 


Maggie didn't want to take a speaking role in today's program because she said she was too nervous. But tonight when I was tucking her in and telling her how proud I was of her today she said, "Mommy, next year I'm going to go to the microphone and talk. I won't be nervous anymore." I wish I could keep her at this precious age forever. She warms my heart with her sweet, kind and loving nature. Mags - I love you. 

1 comment: