Today was the first day of school for “Spencer Thomas Wells” as he told his new teacher Mrs. Olsen. Spencer was a little hesitant about starting school. He has been a little nervous about this new transformation for the last couple of days. This morning he told Kelly and I he did not want to go to school, and he said his stomach hurt. He tried to see if there was any wiggle room that would allow him to avoid the first day, but we put that notion to rest pretty quick. There was a hesitation all morning until we were getting out of the truck. He told Kelly “I am excited Mommy.”
Kelly was a rock right up until the end when Spencer sat down in his seat, then the tears started flowing. I was proud of my beautiful bride for holding it together so well, and especially proud of my little man for going right in his new class with dimples shining and a smile from ear to ear. He went right in and didn’t have one problem. I can’t believe he is in school now. I remember my first day of Kindergarten like it was yesterday, and 27 years later, now I am sending my son to school for the first time. It was an all around great morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment