Background

Thursday, August 16, 2012

123 ABC

The 2012-2013 school year is underway. 
It's kind of funny, we've got a first grader (1) and a two year old (2) and a third grader (3). 1, 2, 3. 

Maggie started first grade with a huge smile on her face this morning. Since she went to all-day Kindergarten last year, this school stuff is old hat to her. She woke up early, got dressed, ate breakfast, did all her chores and was ready with time to spare. She's been very excited about going back to school to see her friends. This is one outgoing and friendly child.  


Spencer was less excited about going back to school and third grade. Spencer had a fun time with his Norman friends during the summer program. 
This morning, the eldest got up after a little gentle nudging, got around and was ready in time for me to take a few pictures. He's a trooper this one and so tall and handsome. I have a feeling Spencer is going to excel in third grade. He's maturing and interested in all sorts of things. He's a smart kid.  


Then there's #3. Geez-o-flip, I can't get enough of him. On Monday he's moving up to a bigger boy preschool class. He's able to do this because he's about 90% potty trained! YES, thank you Jesus! 


Third Grade and First Grade fingers. 3+1=4






The kids took a little gift to their teachers. A jar of pencils with a note attached that said, Thanks for helping me write my future.


Maggie and Ms. Garrett. Spencer also had Mr. Garrett for half a year in First Grade when his teacher went on maternity leave. Maggie is excited to be a part of Ms. Garrett's class.



Spencer and Mrs. Rucker. 
Ms. Rucker is new to us but I bet she'll be wonderful. I sure hope so!



Evan was not smiling for my picture, but I have no doubt he will be missing these lovely, lovely ladies come Monday. Ms. Yukiko and Ms. Martha are incredible and have loved and nurtured and taught this hambone for a while. I feel super blessed to have had them shower love on little man. And I'm grateful for the patience they show him each and every day. 



It's so cliche to say it, but I just can't believe these kids are growing so fast. 
I'm proud to be their Mother more and more each year.
Here's to a full year of building upon each of their love for learning!


1 comment:

  1. Darling darling darling. Scott and I talk often about how beautiful your kids are. I love the pictures of the three of them together. Just precious. Good job Momma!

    ReplyDelete