Background

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Broken Bow, Oklahoma 2012

Our last summer trip was to Broken Bow Lake with some wonderful friends and family. This is our second year on the annual journey to Southeastern Oklahoma. This year it was:
  • Us, The Wells 
  • Kim, John, Jack
  • Meghan, Andy, Cole, Drew and Rhett
  • Lindsay, Matt, Charlotte (and baby girl still in lind's belly)

As usual it was a wonderful time. We headed out of town after Spencer and Maggie wrapped up Thunder basketball camp, the weekend before school started. We got to the rented cabin Friday evening. Maggie shared her new iPod Nano with the little girls, Charlotte and Drew. Maggie was such a sweet helper and entertainer for these little sweeties over the weekend. I think they will all be close growing up.


Saturday we went to the lake on Kim and John's boat and Meghan and Andy's jet ski. We set up camp and let the kids run around, splash and make lots of noise. I got to visit with my girlfriends when the guys were out on the boat. It was nice and relaxing... a perfect weekend weather wise too. I didn't take a single picture, and I don't feel guilty about it.

After the lake, we went back to the cabin for the evening. We let the kids run around and play, some of the little kids took naps, and we all chatted, caught up, told some inappropriate jokes, etc. After a wonderful steak dinner we put the kids to bed, told some more inappropriate jokes and called it a night.

Sunday we woke up for a great breakfast of pigs in a blanket, scrambled eggs and cinnamon rolls. After packing up and cleaning up the house we took it outside to let the kids play. I grabbed my camera.











The guys snuck in some corn hole.











After leaving we went to the nearby Beavers Bend state park. It was beautiful. I want to go back when the weather cools off a bit. You can float the river, fly fish, canoe, hike and much more. We took the kids down to ride the train. 




While we were waiting for everyone to climb aboard, I got this fabulously funny picture. I love it.


Andy, Meg and Baby Rhett



John, Evan, Kim


Mags and Daddy


The kids, minus Charlotte who headed home a little early.


Can't wait for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment