- Friday - Matthew and I went with a group of our friends to the Stone Lion Inn in Guthrie, Oklahoma for a murder mystery dinner. It was a lot of fun... probably a little too much fun for me, if you know what I'm sayin'! We got to dress up and act out a plot from 1948. I rented an outfit from a lady in Norman who has a vintage clothing Etsy shop. My character was Lady Nancy Fitzpatrick. Matthew was Sir Phillip Fitzpatrick. He was a British Navel officer. He borrowed a uniform from a co-worker's husband who is in the Navy. He looked REALLY handsome in that uniform! In all the excitement, I didn't get a picture of us. Darn it. The next morning we got to have breakfast and coffee with the owner. She told us some creepy ghost stories about the house. Don't think I'll be back.
- Saturday - While my darling husband watched the kids, Kim and I went to a camera class in hopes of learning how to work our new cameras. After our class, we were challenged to use only the manual setting for a while, so we can practice. We spent a quiet evening at home in our soft clothes with the kids Saturday night. It was lovely. We watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Kids didn't go to sleep until after 10 p.m. We went to bed shortly after them and crashed!
- Sunday - I got up early with the kids, let Matthew sleep in for a bit. He's got a jammed packed rest of the season, starting next week. Lots and lots of home games and events. He will be missed in the evenings! We took the kids (Evan went to the nursery, because he doesn't understand the concept of quiet, yet) to mass and then the big kids went to Sunday school while Matthew, Evan and I had a quick breakfast together. It's so weird on Sundays not to have the big kids with us for breakfast/lunch since they go to Sunday School after the 10:30 a.m. mass. Anywho - after mass, we put the kids down for naps - none of them slept. Hubs was kind enough to let me catch a little shut eye. Ahhh, naps, I'd marry them if I could!! Then it was camera practice time! Here are some pictures of our Sunday.
Little man in his PJ's
Maggie trying to pull the pillow away from Spencer so I could get a picture of him in his undies...
Practicing taking a back lit picture. Miss Priss is still the only one that will sit still for me. Thanks sister!
She loves her little brother. He loves her too.
When I woke up from my nap, this is how I found them... playing video games. They were playing old school Pole Position.
And here is the gang eating my"What is this? This is gross MOM"chili.
The only reason they ate their dinner is because Sunday's are our dessert night... the only night these sugar lovers get sweets. Mean Mom, huh? On tonight's menu: a BJ's classic, Pazooki's. Warm cookies covered with vanilla ice cream. It was a hit.
Lesson Learned: Picture taking isn't as easy at it looks! Thanks Amy S. for your help this weekend. If anyone in the metro area is looking for a great photographer, look no further than Amy Sergeant Photography!




Kelly, you have the most amazing family. I love keeping up with them via your blog. They are growing up so fast!
ReplyDeleteThanks Brenda. I'm so happy someone is reading this!
DeleteMiss you and hope all is well your way. We got some snow today, I thought of you! ;-)