Background

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Jill and Arik Sitting in a Tree

This weekend my sister, mother and I went to Dallas for a weekend long celebration of my cousin Jill. She is getting married to a wonderful man in three short weeks. We had a blast and I'm so excited and happy for then both.

On Friday, we had a PJ and pizza party. Saturday we had brunch then went to two vineyards in Grapevine for some wine tasting. After a brief rest, we loaded up and went to dinner and dancing at a super fun place in Dallas called Sambuca's. On Sunday we hit up the spa at the Ritz-Carlton for some pampering. If you haven't been there, same up some money, honey and go!

I also got to meet a lot of Jill's girlfriends. She is blessed with many wonderful friends from high school, college and her professional years. They each love her tremendously and were so excited to be celebrating her. I hope they always continue to stay close to each other, it;'s a fun group.

While celebrating with these younger ladies, I realized a few things:
  1. I am no longer cool. When I pulled money out of my purse to pay for something, I accidentally pulled out a child's sock. No idea how it got there, but I'm assuming a certain 2-year-old stuffed it in there before I left town because I also found a Tow Mater and Lightening McQueen.
  2. I'm never going to be a good dancer. I should learn to be a wall-flower, for my ego's benefit.
  3. My cousin Jill should have gone in to showbiz. She has the charisma and beauty of a Hollywood star.
  4. Jill is going to make a wonderful wife and mother.
  5. Arik is one lucky guy!
  6. I can not recover from a night out on the town like I used-ta-could! And finally, a most random...
  7. When you put a wooden spoon over a boiling pot of water it will not boil over. Thanks for the housekeeping tip, Ranee!
All in all, it was a very successful and fun weekend. Taking part in wedding events always reminds me of my time as a bride-to-be. What an exciting life event!! I've been so blessed in my marriage. My wish is for Jill to have an equally happy and healthy marriage. I love you Jilly Bean and I am so proud of you! Can't wait to celebrate your love for Arik and his love for you. Three weeks and counting!

1 comment:

  1. I always thought Jill should be in showbiz too! She was such an outgoing kid- so funny too!

    ReplyDelete