Background

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

35... Wowza.


Well, it's official. I'm a 35-year-old woman. I don't feel like I'm three and a half decades old and I know I don't always act like it! But looking back on the past several years, I feel like I've accomplished a lot. I'm proud of where I am in life. I found and married the man of my dreams, my true soul mate and absolute best friend. The Lord chose me to be the mother of three amazingly delightful, healthy, happy (most of the time), smart, kind, caring and beautiful children. I get to be the one they look to for guidance. I get to read them stories and tuck them in to bed every night. I get to cook for them and wash their clothes, wipe their noses and dry their tears. The past 8, 5 and 2 years haven't been a cakewalk, by any means, and I'm sure the most recent years have added a grey hair or a wrinkle or two... but man, the life I have is worth it and I wouldn't want it any other way.

To celebrate, well - me (blush)... the Hubs and my sweet, wonderful, fabulous sister Kim planned a dinner party with some great friends Friday night (crapola - I didn't take a camera!!!) and a Saturday/Sunday getaway at my Aunt Becky and Uncle Russell's cabin down at Arbuckle Lake. Kim, John and Jack joined Matthew, Spencer, Maggie and I. When we got there, we let the kids run WILD. It wasn't as relaxing as it could have been, but we had a great time... until the little one started puking and didn't stop until 3:00 a.m. Like I said, it wasn't as relaxing as it could have been!

We left home around noon on Saturday. When we got there I put little man down for a nap, grabbed my new camera and followed everyone around taking pictures until they started calling me the paparazzi. (Have I mentioned, I like my new camera?)

Here are a few snapshots of the trip. Thanks to Kimbo and Matthew for making it a weekend to remember. I love you both to the moon and back and then some!


My Big Boy - Spencer T.


Aunt Kimmy and Jack-man.
Kim, I'm totally gonna frame this one for you!


The boys checking out the water.


Miss Priss did not want to wear the jeans and tennies I brought for her to play in. Ok, sister. Have it your way!


Digging up rocks until I told them to watch out for snakes.


The Hubs... fishing.


Picking out good rocks to skip.







Bubba got to bring his 4-wheeler.


Sis got to take a spin with Daddy.


She's the only one that will pose for me. You can probably tell, she hates to do it. HA!




Relaxing.


Ducks Geese on the Pond.

We also saw a gang of wild turkeys and a pack of deer too.
Kids were in heaven.


Miss Priss practicing her shot with the Daisy.


"Wow, Mom - you look REALLY big!"


A view of the beautiful cabin from the dock!
Thanks so much Aunt B and Uncle R for letting us stay here! It's wayyy perfect and we can't wait to go back.
Next time however, I'm pretty certain it will be for an adult weekend!


Running to the lake to catch the sunset.


The next morning... I told you she hates to pose.


Little man. He generally rebounds pretty well after a night of puking.



Sunday afternoon, a little more 4-wheelin' before loading up for home.


Evan and I going for a spin. I look like death thanks to the little guy riding in front of me who kept me up all night long cleaning up vomit. The smile on his precious little face proves his ability to rebound... Turkey!

Happy 35th Birthday to me! I know this year will be full of more wonderful memories with family and friends and a challenge, or seventeen. Should be interesting to look back at this blog next year around this time to see how far we've come. Prayers for another healthy, happy year are welcome!

xoxo - The Old Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment