Background

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Stuffy Nose vs. "Trash Can"

Spencer has asthma and really bad allergies. I’ve figured it’s due to a bad combination of tree pollen and the constant whipping wind here in Oklahoma. Monday night, Spencer was having one of his episodes. His asthma was going berserk and his allergies were off the hook. They always seem worse at night when he’s trying to go to sleep. After hearing a lot of nose blowing and coughing, Spencer walked into the living room to tell us how miserable he was. Matthew gave him a hit of his inhaler and some benadryl. Spencer gave us another round of hugs and a few minutes later, he was off to dream land.

The next morning I walked in to find this in his floor.
Exhibit A: Dozens of used tissues wadded up and thrown in his corner.



Exhibit B: Spencer's trash can.


Some of the tissues actually made it in there. He got this coffee container during the Theobald's annual Christmas party. We all agreed to give the kids terrible gifts, based off the Jimmy Kimmel skit.

It was hilarious. We wrapped up and gave the group of kids things like: batteries, half eaten bananas, a granola bar wrapper, etc. The kids' reaction was classic. I think it's on video somewhere. Spencer, the oldest of the group, got this coffee container and actually loved it. Since Christmas it has served as his trash can. I wish it would have been a little larger in order to catch more flying used allergy tissues. Eww.

I'm sure one day I will miss finding things like this in my kids' rooms.




No comments:

Post a Comment