Kim and John have a garden and I'm soooooo happy about it! I can't wait to get some of the rewards of their hard work! Kim invited us out on Saturday to "let the kids color Easter eggs." After I accepted the invitation and told the kids (they were pumped) she slid in this little nugget, "Oh and maybe you can help me plant the tomatoes." Umm, hmm... I know how she operates. Anyway, I was more than glad to help because I plan on consuming some of the goods over the summer.
This is Kim's garden.
They have the perfect spot for it. A close by shade tree, a water faucet, and the extra land. Maggie was super excited about helping... she jumped right in. Aunt Kimmy is such a great Aunt. She always takes the time to let the kids in on special things, like planting a garden.
This little beauty isn't afraid to get dirty.
Their dog, Jo-Jo had me laughing so hard I literally almost passed out because I couldn't get any air into my lungs. Jo-Jo is a lab pup, he's huge - but in lab years, he's still a pup. Long story short he escaped the backyard multiple times and over and over again Kim and I had to protect the kids so he didn't lick them to death. We also had to protect the garden so he wouldn't dig up and destroy all our (mostly Kim and John's) hard work.
Eventually Kim tackled him and picked him up to get him back to the pen. I was no help because I thought the overall scene was 100% comical. I'm giggling just writing this. But - you would have had to been there to get the comedy. My gut hurt afterward and my checks burned from laughing so darn hard... I really enjoyed that laughing spree, a lot.
Hard at work.
Thanks for the fun afternoon Aunt Kimmy - we had fun! I hope all your hard work pays off with bountiful and beautiful produce!




No comments:
Post a Comment