It's 8:45 p.m. on a Tuesday night and I'm in need of a glass of wine. I don't have any at my house. That's probably a good thing. Here are a few reasons why I'm feeling sorry for myself.
- I don't ever get to see my husband. He works, and works, and works and then works some more. He is so dedicated to his job and he loves it. That makes me happy. Not ever seeing him makes me sad.
- I feel like a single mother of three young children and it's exhausting. I shouldn't feel sorry for myself about this, but tonight I am. Here's why:
- I woke up at 6:30 a.m. to get myself and kids fed, ready and off to school and work.
- I worked all day.
- I rushed to pick up the kids from school and preschool.
- Came home to grab drinks and snacks and to let Spencer change for baseball practice.
- Rushed to get him to practice on time. I was 15 minutes late.
- Chased an ornery 2-year-old around a baseball field for two hours while dodging fly balls and trying to prevent said 2-year-old from eating dirty jelly beans off the muddy ground.
- Rushed home to get the kids fed. On the menu, leftover mac and cheese with cut up hot dogs in it and grapes... healthy, I know.
- 10 minutes of playtime.
- Bathed Evan and Maggie.
- Fought to get PJ's on a wiggling child who hates diapers and clothes.
- Helped Spencer with homework.
- Read Evan, "If You Give a Mouse a Muffin" 17 times because it's his favorite book this week. Then tucked him into bed. At this time however, he's in his bed singing and humming the theme song to Batman. "Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da BATMAN!"
- Argued with Maggie about her outfit for tomorrow. She doesn't like ANY of her shoes.
- Read Beauty and the Beast to Maggie. Can I get a Cliff Notes version up in here, please?!
- Let Spencer read a book to me. Da... da.... da.... Die-.... Diary.......of.......a.........Wh...Whi...Whim....Whimp....Whimpy......Kid. (I exaggerate)
- Somehow managed to do two loads of laundry.
- Unloaded and loaded the dishwasher.
- Picked up toys around the house.
- Changed a light bulb in my bathroom.
- Cleaned off a muddy dog so she would stop barking at me to come in the house.
- Thought about taking down my Easter decorations, then decided they can stay until the weekend.
- Sat down to write this blog... ahhh!
In other news, here are some Notable Quotes from the kids over the past 7 days.
EVAN
- Pointing to a tiny pond on the way to work, "Momma, a dolphin goes in that water right there."
- Me: "Evan, are you Mommy's booger boy?" Evan: "Yeah, I your booger nose boy."
SPENCER
- "Mom, want to hear the shortest story ever told?" Me: "Yes." Spencer: "The End."
MAGGIE
- "I don't have any blue shoes to wear with my blue dress, so I decided to wear something sparkly instead."
- "Mommy, I know when Mater's (from the Cars movies) birthday is." Me: "Really, when?" Maggie: "It's in May. Get it? May.... May-ter?"
MATTHEW
- Trying to talk Spencer into wearing his toga to school last week... "Spence, your toga is super cool, so I don't know why you're tripping." (I MEAN, REALLY TED????)
These quotes are just a few that I managed to jot down... I'm sure many more went by with a giggle and an eye roll. One thing I can say for my life these days, it certainly is never boring! Even in my busy time, I'm counting my blessings; we have healthy, happy, thriving kids, we both have jobs we enjoy and our marriage is still going strong! Ok, I'm feeling better. Sorry for the woe is me post. Now - who's gonna bring over the wine?
But really, Beauty and the Beast...longest book EVER!!!
ReplyDelete