Background

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thomas The Train

Before Sunday school this morning we told the kids we had a surprise for them after church. I LOVE doing this, watching the smiles on their face... trying to guess what the fun will be. They come up with some good ideas. My favorite today was Spencer's. He said, "I know what the surprise is... you guys are taking us out to eat. WE'RE GOING TO RED LOOOOBSTER!" He was a little disappointed when he found out that wasn't the surprise. 

When they found out we were going to ride Thomas the Train, at least one of them was excited... Evan was pumped! Thomas came to the Oklahoma Railway Museum this month. I got tickets for today a while back, but didn't tell the kids. Here are some pictures from our day. (I also got to test out my new lens... 50mm f/1.8 - I like it, a lot.)

Spencer checking out some old train equipment.


Maggie standing by an old train wheel.


The boys


My husband who gets irritated with me taking so many pictures and poses like this all the time. 


Our terrific trio.


Walking the tracks.



Me and my offspring.


The Wild Man having a blast.


About to get in line to ride Thomas, posing for Mom.


In line, looking for Thomas.


He heard Thomas' whistle!!!!


There's Thomas. A $100 well spent to see this perfect two-year-old smile.


We rode in a cool car that had a partial second level. Spencer wanted to ride up high, so we did. It was neat. I got to sit with Miss Priss who fell into a fence post and cut her chin before we climbed aboard. Poor thing.


Watching Thomas pull the train.


It was a fun family afternoon adventure. Glad we got to go this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment