Background

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Big Man is 9!

My Main Man is 9. Holy Mother where has the time gone? I'm going to do a question and answer post with big man soon... until then, here are some shots from his birthday parties, all three of them.

Spence wanted to celebrate with his older buddies at Celebration Station. He REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted to ride the go-carts but alas a rain storm was happening on the day of his party. So the kids got extra tokens from us to play indoors. Then, thanks to Papa McDonough - they got even more more muchily more tokens. Most of the boys pooled all their tickets together so that they could divide and conquer the prize desk at the end of the day. I thought that was a great idea. They ended up with more than 6,000 tokens to split and they each got some "cool" "fun" and "awesome dude" stuff! 

Being silly with the "Mom - these hats are form babies" birthday hats.  


Spencer didn't want Maggie and Evan to go to the party, but changed his mind when we told him he didn't have a choice and invited them. Here she is with Daddy on a cycle. She had a blast there too.



And here are all the Wild Wild Wells kids on cycles. Super cute, in my opinion.


And here's Spencer when he found out he had to go on stage and let some weird animals sing and dance to him for his birthday. He was embarrassed, but deep down - I think he enjoyed it. 


"This Pig is weird, Mom. Please stop taking my picture!!!"


His cookie cake came from the mail box you see and he was pumped to make a wish, blow out the candles and get the heck off the stage!


Papa came down from Kentucky for the big birthday celebration.


His actual birthday morning, he woke up to a couple of Happy Birthday signs around the house. His breakfast of choice, donuts. He also got to open one present in the morning.


Spencer took donuts to school that morning since his class was going on a field trip in the afternoon. What a cool day to be celebrating your 9th birthday. I even got to tag along on the field trip to the Civic Center in OKC to hear the OKC Philharmonic. 


It's really hard for me to let him dress himself. Mainly because he chooses things like the above. Oh well, pick your battles as they say. 


After listening to the Philharmonic we had a picnic in the park. It was a fun time to get to know some of his school friends better and to watch him in that environment. He's a leader and I am proud about that! 


Later that evening, we had a tailgate birthday party for #81. Since Spencer had a football game that night, I thought it would be a cute idea and an opportunity to invite some other friends of his and ours.



Favorite gifts: this skeleton jacket from Aunt Kimmy and the Kindle Fire he's opening in this picture from Papa.




After the party, I had the guests line up and do a "spirit run through" for Spencer. We had those super loud bull horn things, confetti poppers and horns to blow. The neighbors probably thought we were nuts, but the smile on his face was worth all the effort! I love the kid, I really do. Then some of us headed to the game. It didn't kickoff until 8pm, so only a few made it.



Dad giving Matthew a hard time about coaching in flip flops.. had to add this picture!  


Thank you to all those that took part celebrating our big boy! He sure knows he is well loved, and for that I'm grateful to each of you. Look for his 9-year-old Q and A soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment