Background

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

2012 Summer Vacation Wrap Up

Summer Vacation Final Post - I forgot I had not posted the final days o our summer vacation this evening when I was reviewing my old posts. So here goes...

On day #3, my Dad and the rest of the Kentucky crew joined the South Carolina party. The rest of the trip we enjoyed swimming, eating, visiting the beach, golfing and more. Here are a few of the final pictures from our 2012 Summer vacation. Thanks again to Aunt Margaret and Uncle Ernie for hosting us all... what memories we made! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

David's little girl Savannah.


Savannah and Katie Jo

Miss Priss relaxing and maxing

E-Dub and Bub relaxing and maxing

We also got to visit historic Charleston, South Carolina. I really wish we could have spent a few days there. We ended up doing a little shopping and a bit of exploring. So, so, so pretty. 


Looking out from the pier

My youngest sister and myself

Cool bridge

From the pier area we could see Fort Sumter... see if off in the distance? This is where the Civil War actually began, in 1861. Apparently the Confederate army opened fire on the federal fort. The Union forces there surrendered after a 34 hour attack. Fort Sumter is now a National Monument and Park. You can take a boat tour out to the island and visit.
We will definitely do that next time we visit the area!

The Charleston group: Kath, Melissa, Savannah, Kate, and me (not pictured). :-)

Cutie Patootie

The last night we were together, we went to The Dockside. Holy moly was it yummy! We had quit a wait for our enormous group, so the kids killed some time by throwing oyster shells into the bay which the restaurant was perched upon.





My second cousin, Jared and his Great Uncle... my Dad. Jared is an awesome young man, I can't wait to spend more time with him.

My other second cousin, Aaron and his Great Uncle... my Dad.


Dad and his youngest daughter... she's not so young anymore! She too is an AWESOME young lady!

Contemplating life by the sea shore.

My Mags and Me



The McDonough reunion gang! Top row, left to right - Me, Dad, Kath, Uncle Ernie, Aunt Margaret, Matthew. Middle row - David, Melissa, Kate, Jared, Tracy. Front row, the kids: Spencer, Savannah, Maggie, Evan and Aaron. And because my Aunt Margaret writes for the local paper, we're famous! She put this group picture in the paper. I will sign autographs if approached politely.

I love my family, what a fun and perfect summer vacation!

1 comment: