Background

Monday, May 7, 2012

A Soapy Situation

Well, I have poison ivy and it STINKS! As a kid I used to get this junk every summer. When the wind blew, when someone burned brush, when my dog came home from playing out in the field and I pet her, when I looked at the weeds, yours truly would become infected. I've been lucky to avoid the horrible, itchy nightmare that is poison ivy for several years. Until last week. It popped up in the bend of my left arm on Wednesday. Since I'm highly allergic, I immediately got a z-pack of steroids but it hasn't helped at all. In fact, it spread to the bend of my other arm. URGGG. Today I went to the Urgent Care to get a shot and some topical anti-itch ointment. It really needs to kick in... I'm miserable. 

Since the kids have never been around this, I didn't want to expose them for fear they too are allergic like their dear ole Mom. Spencer has taken my warnings in earnest. So much so that he won't sit with me or hug me, he'll barely give me a kiss goodnight. The other night when I told him to go take a shower (he takes a shower in our bathroom) and he came out minutes later asking if I had used the soap. I knew what he was thinking. He didn't want to use the soap if I had used it, didn't want to get my funk. He politely asked if he could open a new bar, giving no explanation - I don't think he wanted to hurt my feelings. I let him get a new one without asking why and didn't think anything else about it.

The next morning as I was showering, I remembered and got to thinking about it. I looked around to see where he put it because it wasn't where it normally is. I couldn't find it for a while... then I spotted it. The little turkey had hidden it under a cup and some toys. He didn't want me to get my poison ivy-ed skin up on it I guess. 



See it barely peeking out from under the cup? Pretty good hiding spot, if I say so myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment