Background

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hey Batta Batta... Sa-Wing Batta

Spring is in the air and the sound of baseballs hitting bats is in full swing. Actually, at this age, the sound of balls hitting bats is few and far between... but we're getting there. Spencer is playing in a machine-pitch baseball league. It's going to be a fun summer. His team's name is shocker... Thunder. Here he is in his uniform. Melt my heart.  


Matthew wasn't able to make the game because he was working the REAL Thunder game. When I picked Spencer up from school, we checked his homework folder to see if he needed to get any homework done before leaving for the game. We found this:


Don't think I didn't get emotional when I read this. Spencer said, "Oh that is so sweet. I have a pretty cool Dad." Yes son, you and your brother and sister are blessed. Me too for that matter. Apparently Matthew sent this to Spencer's teacher, asked her to print it out and stick it in his folder. Mrs. Irvin was kind enough to do it.

Grandma Mary and Aunt Kimmy (and of course Evan) came out for the big game.


Waiting for his turn at bat.


Telling Bubby good luck!


Jack got in some hot water for something. This is what he looked like when Kim was getting on to him. How can you be angry at that face and those puppy dog eyes? 


Playing second base.


He also played "pitcher" and first base. He actually got someone out on first. Like the emotional mother I am, tears started flowing. I'm a loony bird!


Evan ran around the field like the wild man that he is. It took all I had in me to allow him to drink from (and splash around in) this water fountain. YUCK! It is the perfect size.


He had four at bats. Two strike outs, a base hit and got thrown out on first.



Relaxing in his chair, the only time he sat down. It lasted two minutes.


Good game speech. They didn't win, but like Daddy reminded him... they had fun!


Go Thunder!!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Maybe we will see you out there. I recognize one of your coaches!

    ReplyDelete