When Kim and I were little, Mom would read us a special Christmas book during the Christmas season. I remember LOVING this book. This year, I figured Spencer and Maggie were old enough to listen through it and enjoy it too, so I ordered, "The Worst Best Christmas Pageant Ever" by Barbara Robinson from Amazon. It's such a rowdy yet sweet version of the Christmas story. It's told through the eyes of a young boy who is witnessing his Church's Christmas program be played by some rough and tumble local outcast children. If you haven't read it, you should. It's a little different, so I would recommend you read it before you read to your kids. There were several parts that I chose to improvise through since they kids still pretty young. But, overall, it's wonderful story and will become a yearly tradition at the Wells house. The kids loved it too, by the way!
I was reminded of this book (at least what I envisioned the play would look like in our book) as this year's Church program began. Spencer was asked to be a wise man.
When he told me what he was going to play this year, I asked him what he would be carrying, gold, frankincense or myrrh. He told me, "That's not what they carrying... the wise men carrying gold, silver and bronze. I want to carry the gold!"
Since we missed the play practice to visit Memaw, Spencer the wise man was replaced. He was none too happy, but he got to play a shepherd instead.
Maggie's Sunday school class didn't get to be in the play this year but they did sing.
Here's our little honey singing her heart out, she makes me so proud.
Singing through two missing front teeth.
Jack's class got in the singing action as well. He was adorable up there!
Hot cocoa and cookies all around after the play.
These four kids... I love them, bad!


No comments:
Post a Comment