Background

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas morning 2012... what a special, special day. The kids had been looking forward to Christmas for such a long time. The anticipation kept Spencer up Christmas Eve until about 11:30 p.m. At ages, 9, 6 and 3 the kids couldn't wait to see what Old Saint Nicholas left under the tree for them.

My pictures for this morning are marginal... but thought I'd share a few for the record books.


Maggie asked for a puppy, a kitten, a baby sister and bendaroos. She got bendaroos and a stuffed puppy (the one you see on the chair) with a personal note from Santa. He said he wasn't able to get her a puppy this year because Bailey (our 13 year old dog) still needed lots of love and attention from her. Luckily, she was okay with that and since has been caring for Bailey with tenderness only she can give.


Quick posed picture in the hallway before the madness began. 






Reading the note from Santa.


This was her favorite stocking goodie... cheese topping for popcorn.


I love Spencer's face in this one. 


Daddy got all the kids some Thunder swag.


I got them Sooner gear!



This kid got so many Cars cars he didn't want to open anything else.



He did finally open his super hero costume supplies. He got ANOTHER Batman costume, a Robin costume and a Superman one too. Since Christmas the kids dress up in this gear nearly every night. They run around the house fighting alligators, bears and pirates. Sometimes they fight the Joker as well... but typically, it's some animal they are ganging up to battle.




This was the first year it was just us at our house on Christmas morning. I thought it would be strange, but I truly enjoyed focusing on the kids, watching them open their gifts. Seeing them share with one another when they got something exciting or something they really were surprised about. They were all so thankful and kind. I love my kids and feel so blessed that Matthew and I have the ability to give them a great Christmas morning. I hope the memories they have are fond ones.

After opening presents and a short break, we loaded up and went to Kim and John's. Jack got a 4-wheeler so all the kids loaded up and drove around in the snow. Matthew and John watched them and took some pictures while Kim and I cooked a yummy Christmas Day meal.




It was so cold, they didn't stay out very long, but in that time - Jack perfected the snow donuts. He was letting loose and having a fun time.



I looked out the kitchen window every now and then to make sure all was well. 
Matthew saw me this time.


The rest of the day I didn't take pictures. But I did enjoy the company and watching the kids play with their cousin. Kim and John, thanks for hosting us Christmas afternoon and evening. We love you all and are thankful for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment