Our little angel girl turned six earlier this month. She wanted to have a slumber party... an all day slumber party. After batting her eyes at her Daddy and I, we (ok, really it was just me) said ok.
We invited her little girlfriends to come over at ten o'clock Friday morning and stay until ten o'clock Saturday morning.
During the planning process Miss Priss made it very clear that there would be no boys at this party. She even asked to make a special sign, so I obliged of course!
As her friends started showing up her excitement level starting spiking! They played in the backyard...
And played dress up...
Then it was time to hit the water park to exert some energy. Lots and lots of giggles and squeals!
The girls paused long enough to eat lunch which I packaged in these adorable little bags.
They look happy here, but don't let it fool you. They were not happy with the lunch! I made homemade (kid friendly) chicken salad and wrapped it in whole wheat tortillas. None of the girls liked it saying the "'tacos' were gross!" They did like the chex mix, squishy snacks and Koolaid Jammers.
After a little more water play at the splash pad it was back to the backyard to play in the pool while the pizzas cooked. I had to make what I had planned to make for dinner for lunch #2 because the "tacos were gross!"
After pizza, some Popsicles on the porch. I love Maggie's smile here - she was so happy to have her friends all with her.
I forced them to have a little quiet time after the Popsicles. The group actually watched two movies back to back, quietly.
While I was organizing for the next event, Matthew (my helper) said he'd be right back. About two hours later he emerged with some serious bed head. My helper snuck into our bedroom and took a nap.
After quiet time the girls got to decorate little plastic cups with markers and stickers.
After the cups and a little free play time, we played some games. Then the girls decorated pillow cases. Their decorations were so cute. Some of the girls asked all the other girls to sign their pillow cases.
Miss Priss got to make her wish. The process took at least 2 minutes, hope she wished for something good! When she started opening her presents, my camera battery died. POOP! But we had an evening full of fun and adventure and lots of teeny bopper music and dancing. I hope all the girls had a wonderful time and that their parents were able to enjoy some down time. I know Maggie had a blast!
Maggie Elizabeth - you are a special creature. Surely sent into our lives straight from the big guy.
For the past six years you have given Daddy and I and your big brother (and little bro too) so much joy and happiness. Your spirit is one of kindness and compassion. You are gifted with being able to love in a big way. Your smile and giggle lights up the darkest of rooms. And to boot, you are a beautiful little girl and smart as a whip.
Honestly sister, the world is your oyster. I have no doubt that you will have a life full of greatness. I promise to guide you, help you and be there for your every step of the way. I will treasure this 6th year of your life just like I have all the other years. I'll watch as you learn new things, even those that will be hard for you to understand. Most importantly I will love you unconditionally and protect you with all that I am.
My heart is your heart sweet thing, Happy Birthday
- All my love,
Mommy



That last part made me a little teary-eyed. Sweet. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd that party looked super fun! (and exhausting)