About a month before our little Evan turned three, he became fascinated with all things Batman. So much so that he asked me to please refer to him as such on his birthday. Because I can't turn down a request from such a handsome little fella, I called the birthday boy Batman on his special day, and maybe several times since.
Since we were going to be in Kentucky on his actual birthday, we celebrated the Saturday before with friends, Oklahoma family.
Evan, I mean... Batman, woke up in a great mood. He made himself at home on the table to check things out. (don't mind the random computer on the ledge.)
After a quick bite to eat, we headed out to his birthday party. Grandma Mary made it.
And Mimi was there too. Our mothers haven't seen one another in a while. Mimi moved to Alaska several years ago. I think they enjoyed some catch up time. I can't wait to take a family trip up north to visit her!
Spencer being silly. I love seeing that dimple.
We had his party early that day at a cool little music store in Norman called Sonder's Music Dance and Art. You can find out more about the place HERE. I plan to get the kids into music lessons this summer at Sonders. Spencer in guitar and Maggie in piano. Will probably wait on Evan. Anyway, Lauren owns Sonder's and she was the party leader. She incorporated music, dance and art into the party. She was wonderful and the kids really enjoyed themselves.
Especially this one!
I knew he'd love his party. Our Batman loves to dance and sing.
His favorite songs right now are, Little Donkey (one he sang in his Christmas program), We are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together, Gangman Style, I'm Sexy and I Know It and anything Chrismtas related sung by the Chipmunks. Don't judge...
At 3, the silly boy likes to make "funny" faces which more times than not involve crossing his pretty blues.
Evan loves his "best fwiends" from school, Wukey and Gawayson. This is a picture with Luke and Landon, Greyson's eyes are on the left. Wish I could have gotten the three of them together for a better picture.

Charlotte and Batman's sister being sweet.
Batman's handsome Daddy.
My little Superhero still loves Momma snuggle time, thank goodness!!
He is getting so big, is full of energy and totally has a third child personality! He puts the second Wild in the Wild Wild Wells for certain!!

Happiness served up by Daddy in the form of a Batman cake and three flaming candles.
Our gang's newest addition... the beautiful, red locked Eliza with her Daddy, Matt.
Maggie and Spencer got this mask and a cape for Batman's birthday... he was in LOVE. I really think he thinks it gives him super powers. Since he got this, he jumps from everything while yelling, "Batman to the wescue."
Georgeous baby Rhett.
The other Wild Wild Wells... my brother and sister in law, Nick and Julie. Nick is the middle brother and as you can see (beside the stache) he has great taste... we LOVE his wife Julie! Aren't they pretty (besides the stache)?! Nick grows a mustache every year during Movember to raise money and awareness for male oriented cancers. His group made some serious bucks this year. We are so proud of you, Nick! We are also super happy you two got to make Batman's party this year.
Batman and his gang of pre-school sidekicks.
Batman's Great Aunt Becky, Great Grandma and Grandma Mary also made the party!
Great Grandma and some of her Great Grandkids.
The Wild Wild Wells bunch, from left to right: Julie, Nick, Spencer, Me, Maggie, Mimi, Madden, Kurt, Batman and Matthew.
We were so lucky to have everyone together this weekend. Vicki (Mimi) was in town to celebrate the holidays with the gang. We were grateful she chose the weekend of the party to come down to the Lower 48! ;-)

























No comments:
Post a Comment