After Sunday school and mass today, our crew loaded up with Kim, John and Jack and headed north to the 2012 Great State Fair of Oklahoma. It's an annual trek and the food, fun and people watching never disappoints. It was a fairly nice afternoon to be outdoors. These cousins have been looking forward to today all week. We ordered corn dogs all around and headed to the barn to check out the animals.
I think the kids liked the little piglets the best.
Kimmy, John and Jack
In line for the race cars. Spencer got to drive by himself while Maggie & I and Kim & Jack doubled up.
He could barely see over the steering wheel, but I'm pretty sure he never let up on the gas!
This is Maggie and I smoking Kim and Jack. We're not competitive at all... HAHA!
In line for a funnel cake.
We let the kids pick out four games each. They all wanted to do the balloon, dart game.
Jack was a winner.
So was Spencer although he wouldn't pose with his prize for me.
Maggie was a winner as well.
They each got to ride four rides too. Here they are being silly waiting in line for the weird bear ride.
Our kids plus a random kid in the weird bear.
Maggie and Evan on an airplane type ride. It went pretty high up. This is before the ride began...
...and here's the ride taking place.
Helping little bro down the stairs. She's such a sweet, sweet sister.
This was ride #3, The Slide. I think the speed caught them a little off guard.
Woah....
Yikes...
Boyah... no hands. She might look nervous, but she was in heaven! My girl LOVES the rides.
Strong man game. This was Spencer's favorite. He made the bell ring multiple times and won a blow up camo machine gun. After winning it he told me, "It's all I ever wanted from the fair."
Jack didn't get the bell to ring this year, but he still won! I bet he nails it next year.
My favorite part of the day, watching these knuckleheads on this zipper ride. Maggie was pumped, Spencer was nervous and Aunt Kimmy was lucky there were some extra tickets, not that I'm jealous or anything.
In this picture the ride was just starting. Maggie is stoked and Spencer is still doing ok.
Here's when the ride was almost over. Maggie, still stoked... Spencer, not so much. It's so funny to see the difference in these two. Maggie loves every single ride. She'll try anything and beg to ride it, "just one more time!!!" Spencer is way more reserved. He didn't even want to go on the ferris wheel. Matthew and I both enjoy rides, so at least Maggie comes by it rightly.
I love Daddy/Daughter hand holding pictures.
The little sweetie pie.
The other little sweetie pie.
Seriously, nastly! We didn't eat from this stand but we did put our fair share of Fair food down the hatches today. So of us more than others. You know who you are.
Maggie and I enjoyed the roasted corn the best.
I love a fair, it's so much fun... there's something there for everyone.
The people watching should be another entire blog itself. But I was taught, if you don't have anything nice to say.....
Until next year!

















No comments:
Post a Comment