I was folding laundry (are you picking up a theme here with the laundry bit? it's a constant deal for me.) and I heard Evan saying over and over again to Matthew, "Daddy, I can do fip." When he got no response, again - this time a little louder he said "Daddy, I can do fip." Still nothing from his Dad, so he yells... "DADDY... Daddy, wat dis - I can do fip!"
Finally I said, "Babe, do you hear what he's saying to you?"
Matthew: "Yes, but I don't know what he's saying."
Me: "So you IGNORE him?!?!"
Matthew: "No. Evan, what can you do?
Evan: "I can do fip, Daddy."
Me: "Do you know what he is saying?"
Matthew: "I have a toothpick...?"
Me: "Really Ted? He's saying I can do a flip! And anyway, if you thought he was telling you he had a toothpick, you'd just let him keep it as a toy?"
Matthew: laughs
Me: sigh
Evan loves to do flips a.k.a. somersaults. So he did a little performance for everyone. I love that kid, no fear.
Wonder why it bugs me so much that I can understand the little guy but Matthew can't?
No comments:
Post a Comment