My youngest child is a night owl. It's 9:17 p.m. and the older two have been down for more than an hour. Evan's yelling at me from his crib. This is a snippet of our conversation:
Evan: "Mommy, what's that noisy?"
Me: "Be quiet Evan and go to sleep."
E: "Mommy it's a monster outside."
M: "No Evan, there's no monster outside. I love you, go to sleep."
E: "Mommy it's a mouse outside."
M: "No, there's no mouse outside. Go to sleep."
E: "Mommy it's a horse outside."
M: ignoring him
E: "Mommy it's a moo cow outside."
M: still ignoring him
E: "Mommy, mommy, MOMMY... it's a tiger outside."
M: "Evan, I'm going to close your door if you keep talking, okay?"
E: "No Mommy. I love you Mommy."
5 minute pause.
Evan: "Mommy, what's that noisy?"
Me: "Evan...... do you want me to shut your door?"
E: "No Mommy, that noisy is the dryer. It's loud."
This kid to funny. And energetic. And doesn't require much sleep. And has more personality than he knows what to do with. And I love him immensely.
Now it's 9:26 and he just informed me that his Woody Cowboy is snoring. Sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment