My daughter, the drama queen...
This Sunday was a lazy Sunday. Matthew was out of town, the kids had spent the night with Kim Saturday night because I had gone to Tulsa with my Mom on Friday for a belated birthday weekend celebration. I slept past 9 a.m. before I went to get the kids. WINNING!
After picking them up, playing for a bit and then eating lunch... it was nap time. I was still worn out and crossed my fingers that all the kids would all sleep so Momma could catch some zzzz's.
Evan must have been pooped too, because when I announced it was nap time, he ran to his room and went right to sleep. Spencer crawled into bed and dosed off pretty quickly but Maggie, the non-napper, fought it. After a while she came out of her room and asked if she could have quiet time in my room and watch High School Musical 2 which we DVRed last week. I said yes and off she went and off I went to dreamland.
About an hour later I hear sniffling and see Maggie in tears walking toward me. I sit up from my slumber, a little frightened because I knew the others were asleep, and I asked her what in the world was wrong. She looked at me, devastated, and through her tears said,
"Mommy, Troy and Gabriella just broke up!!!!"
I hugged her tight and said something about it being just a movie, and not to worry, it's not real life. She just kept on crying saying things like, "But I don't want them to break up" and "But they love each other." I told her to go finish watching the movie, they they would probably get back together . So with a little girl Rom-Com bounce in her step to there she went.
Dear Lord we are in for it with this one. She's not even 6 yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment