Background

Friday, January 13, 2012

A Very New York Thanksgiving: Day 4


On day four, we went from the Thanksgiving season to Christmas Time when we visited Macy's Santaland Day at Herald Square. The whole group was there bright and early to give our wish lists to Santa during a one-on-one visit at the 'North Pole.'


This is some of the gang, the rest met us there a bit later.


Before going in, the kids all donated to the red kettle.


This is when we climbed aboard the Santaland Express Train to Santa's Workshop. They've made a huge part of the store into a winter wonderland. Everyone gets to ring the 'I Believe Bell' before getting on the train. This conductor guy was awesome!


Aunt Katie finishing up her list to text to Santa!


After winding through a really neat display - which I didn't take pictures of, bacuse I was busy wrangling my offspring - we ended up in Santa's office. These are the kids who weren't too scared of Santa. Evan wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with him. So I didn't force it. Even though I wanted to.


Miss Priss hiding in a Macy's coat rack. She got in trouble for doing this a minute later by a sales associate. Seriously? Who would get mad at a face like that?


Another view of the Empire State Building


Wanted to go here, but didn't because...


This trip was about the kids. So, we ended up here!


Thanks to Grandma Kath and Papa, Maggie got to pick out her first Madame Alexander doll. She wanted one that looked just like her. She searched high and low before settling on a little blonde hair, green eye beauty. 


And here she is giving the doll a heart. A tradition I find strange since you put the doll's heart through her leg attachment area, but whatever... she and the doll were happy.


Meeting her finished doll.


Maggie and Ella


Thanks to the FAO marketing and store layout departments, we rounded the corner and ran smack into the face painting lady. Since there wasn't a choice to be made here... we stopped and looked at all the selections she had to offer. None of them fit Maggie's fancy. She wanted a horse... hmmm. So this sweet lady, Miss Becky was her name, gave Miss Priss what she wanted, a glittery pony.




Final product - she was beyond happy. I like the cheek stars... my little sweetie.


Jack saw Maggie's face and thought he would make a wonderful BLUE tiger. So Jack's Mommy... and Becky... obliged.


Final product. Very nice!!


Next it was on to Central Park.
Evan woke up from a 20 minute stroller nap just in time, and in a good mood. YES! Here he is running off some steam in our country's most famous park.

Aunt Katie, Spencer and the Blue Tiger, roarrrrr.


My three amigos.


Daddy, ready to explore Central Park.


Cousins. Maggie was done with pictures.


I love this picture. They look like a little gang, which they totally are! Anyway, we told the kids there would be musicians, artists, actors and such in the park that performed for money. The kids each got a dollar to give to someone they were impressed by. This musician is who Jack chose. He was playing in the tunnel, Jack was drawn to him, so off he went.


When Jack went down to place his dollar in the case, the man starting playing the Pink Panther theme. Da dunt, da dunt, da dunt da dunt da dunt da dunt da da dadada. I think it was because of the blue tiger face, but can't say for sure. Jack got a high five.


And here's a rocky area where people were picnicing and climbing and resting and playing.


So we went up there, it was pretty. I am also 99.9% sure a Sex and the City episode was filmed there. After the park, we went back to the hotel to get cleaned up for dinner. We had another birthday party to celebrate after all! Kathy's birthday was the night before we left. We took her to Dave and Busters near Times Square for food, games, cake and more fun. I was negligent with my picture taking there. Sorry Kath, I still love ya! Happy Birthday again! ;-)


After another long night out on the town, we all settled in. This is the view from our hotel room.


Maggie, a tired little mouse.


Evan, in his bed away from home.
Sidebar: I can't believe this crib didn't fall apart as much jumping, bouncing and dancing he did in it during our trip.


Spencer, being Spencer, I love his 8-year-old attitude.

So this wraps up our trip to NYC. It was such a wonderful time filled with some pretty darn incredible memories. I'm so very appreciative to my Dad and Kath for giving us all this truly once in a lifetime experience. There's no way we could ever repay you, but please know we had the time of our lives. Thank both of you from the bottom of my heart.

And, one last thing I'll leave you with... and I think it's a gem. We Wells, the five of us, all stayed in one small New York City hotel room. Two adults, an 8-year-old, a 5-year-old and a barely 2-year-old. To say the going to bed process was a challenge each night is probably the biggest understatement of the year for me. One night, I grabbed my phone and recorded about 30 seconds of the going to bed process. It's pitch black so don't expect to see anything. But, the audio is like gold to me. I will always remember the bedtime fun in NYC! Click the link below... I hope if works for you, it's posted from my Facebook page.


If I can make it there,
I'd make it anywhere
It's up to you,
New York, New York.
New York, New York!






No comments:

Post a Comment