Background

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Turning Ten

This post brings tears to my eyes. My first born baby is ten years old. Where oh where has the time gone? I will never forget the feelings of amazement, joy and pure astonishment of holding him in my arms for the first time. And now, here we are ten years later. I still have those same feelings for Spencer. He made me a mother and has continued to bless me each and every day of his life. 
This year I came to the realization that he has now spent more than half the time he will spend at home before going off to college. This makes me almost have a stroke and/or a nervous break down.

Spencer is such a charming young man. He is growing at alarming rates. He wears men's sized shoes and eats like a horse. He will likely be taller than me by 11, maybe 12.
Spencer is smart, energetic, loving, caring, still plenty silly, and creative. This year his artistic ability has really blossomed. He can draw very well and enjoys writing and illustrating his own comic books. 

We had a small party for him this year with friends and family. We all love this special 10 year old!










I made them eat the cake outside on the back porch. The house was about two weeks old at the time! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment