It is back to school for the big kids.
Last week Maggie began the second grade and Spencer began fourth. After an abrupt ending to last school year, they were excited to go back to see their friends and teachers. Because of the May 20th tornado, they never got to say their goodbyes.
The summer seriously zoomed by. It feels like yesterday we were taking cover and saying prayers for our safety and the safety of many, many others. My heart has been so hurt by all the death and destruction in our community. I honestly, haven't had the ability to write a blog about it yet. It's just too heart breaking.
Needless to say, it's been a strange, sad and inspiring summer.
The school district and community have done an incredible job getting things in order for this school year. I am so impressed with what took place to get not only our kids back to school on time but all the kids who lost their schools in the storm. It has been no small feat. It's been miraculous. And as all Oklahomans know, we have to pick up and move forward. And so, last Friday our district did.
Maggie is so happy to be in second grade.
She helped pick out her back to school outfit. It was all based around the shoes she wanted to wear. Truly, her mother's daughter!
My prayer over her this school year is that she continues to love everyone she meets. This girl is such a kind soul. I pray that she is protected and guarded each day and that those who come into her life help build up her great big heart.
I have no doubt her knowledge base will grow as her studies get a little tougher.
Our little over achiever...
Our little over achiever...
I also pray she keeps her head on her shoulders and continues to work on her inner beauty.
Most importantly, I pray that this little sweetheart stays as happy and as carefree as humanly possible!
Then there's our superhero. He had PJ day at preschool on the big kids' first day of school. He decided we needed a picture of him in action. Duh!
Can you see that streak of rotten on his face? Yeah, me too.
Melt my heart. My first baby is in fourth grade. What? Wow.
Just look at all that handsomeness. This kid has matured so very much over the summer. He is a dream to be around. I can't imagine my love for him getting any stronger, but it does. Every day.
He's a perfect combination of young man and little boy.
I pray that God watches over him this year and continues to pour love into his heart. That he works hard and plays hard and continues to make good choices in life. I also pray that our relationship grows but doesn't change just yet. I really want at least one more year of being his favorite person on earth. But I feel that slipping, if only a little. He sure does like hanging out with his Daddy lately. I encourage it all the time, but deep down - I see my role shifting.
This year Spencer is switching classes. He rotates between teachers/subjects every hour or so. He will have a lot of responsibilities to keep track of. I'm betting he does awesome. Hey big 4th grader, I love you!
The dynamic duo.
2nd and 4th!
The three amigos
This might be the last year the kids let me walk them to their classroom.
I was even embarrassing to Maggie.
She's so excited to be in this second grade class.
I for sure won't be able to walk him in to school next year. He wanted to die.
Spencer's homeroom teacher.
Little monster man will be going into the Fantastic Fours class this week at his preschool. Before we know it, he'll be walking these school halls rather than being carried by Daddy.
Until then, he really needs to be carried or we may lose him. Like, honestly. He would run away and hide in one of the classrooms.























Sitting here with tears in my eyes - so happy for you guys and for those lucky kids. What great parents you are. I can.not.believe how much they've all grown up. Whoa.
ReplyDeleteHandsome, beautiful - just like mom and dad. Here's to a GREAT school year!! Love to all.
What great pictures! I need to set my alarm a bit earlier so I can get more than the one we usually have time for on our first day tomorrow!
ReplyDelete