Background

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Growing: Make It Stop

One of the kids' former teachers posted on Facebook yesterday that there are only three more Monday's left in the 2012-2013 school year.

WHAT??

How did that happen?

That means that my baby has nearly completed THIRD grade and my second baby is almost done with FIRST grade! It also means we'll have a FOURTH GRADER and SECOND GRADER next year.

WHAT?

How did that happen?

I mean, they were just born like yesterday!

In three weeks Spencer will have finished up FOUR years of school! He's learned how to read fluently and enjoy it, add and subtract, multiple and divide. He's learned about our country, our universe, politics, all kinds of animals, he loves science and is even taking part in school clubs like M.A.D., Make A Difference. He's made great friends and is flourishing in every way. Matthew made Spencer and I stand up yesterday, he's only a head shorter than me. Make it STOP. I'm so proud of the young man Spencer is becoming. Don't get me wrong... he still challenges me, daily with a little attitude. Homework is still not a real fun part of our lives and he can be a little snippy with Maggie, but overall, he's a respectful, smart and beautiful child.

In three weeks Maggie will have completed two full years of school. It's simply amazing to me. She is so smart too. She loves to learn. This year she has truly developed a love of reading. Her spelling and penmanship is impeccable and Rocket Math has kept her reaching goals in addition and subtraction all year long. She's even learning some multiplication. I got to go with Miss Priss on her first grade field trip this week. We went to the Sam Noble Museum of Natural History in Norman. It was such a pleasure watching Maggie interact with her classmates. As a mother who works outside of the home, I miss many opportunities to do fun stuff with the kids. So days like yesterday, I do my very best to treasure. Maggie is growing up quickly. She's still so full of love and kindness. That being said, she also knows how to push her big brother's buttons and does so pretty regularly. Even with her sass, her smile warms my heart and her sweetness is a light in our lives.

Too add icing to the "make them stop growing" cake - Evan will be starting full time, school before I know it. He's going to move up to the Fantastic Fours this summer.

Here's to making the next three weeks great. Let the countdown to summer begin!





No comments:

Post a Comment