Valentine's Day may be better than Halloween. Listening to the kids wheel and deal has made my day.
"I'll give you my Gobstoppers for your Fun Dips." "Trade me your Snickers for my Ring Pop." Comedy!
The candy negotiations were just the beginning. The big kids also talked about who gave them valentines and what the valentines said.
Maggie fessed up that Lane, the boy who chases her on the playground, gave her a valentine. She asked him, "So Lane, does thIs mean you are my valentine?" His response, "maybe."
Spencer got a valentine from a secret admirer. He hasn't been able to figure out who it is from. The 9 year old is not excited.
Evan wanted to eat all his candy in about 15 minutes. But more than the candy, he loved me reading the cards to him and hearing who they were from. "Oh, I wove dat one from my fwiend Nicki."
I missed my valentine tonight. He had to work the game. Hopefully we can celebrate this weekend. I feel so blessed to have as much love as I do in my life. I am certainly very thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment