Background

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our Dancing Queen

Maggie gave dance a second try this year. Her first attempt at dance was when she was about four or five. She liked it OK, but when it came time for the recital... she got stage fright and stood there spinning her skirt and doing this strange dead arm move. I have it on video for future reference... it was precious. Needless to say, we decided to give dance a break and let her gain some self confidence and mature a little. 

When I asked her if she wanted to try dance again this year, she gave me a resounding YES! Every Monday for what seemed like all of eternity but was really only most of the school year, she went to dance practice.

I'm proud to report she loved it and has already asked to dance again next year.

Here are some pictures of her recital at Rose State. She danced ballet to Maria Carey's Butterfly and tap to Accentuate the Positive. Matthew and I are so proud of our dancing queen!














1 comment:

  1. Cute cute cute! I recognize Reese's friend Lillie next to her on stage!

    My aunt owned the dance studio in Ada so I ALWAYS took dance. I wanted Reese to take too but it just wasn't in the cards! Oh well!

    ReplyDelete