Background

Sunday, March 24, 2013

School Broadcast

Earlier this winter, Spencer signed up to read the morning announcements at his school. I was unaware this was an option until he came home with a sheet to practice from. This opportunity for him came as a huge surprise to me. Spencer is my shy baby. So when he told Matthew and I he volunteered to read the school wide morning announcements, we were very proud and immediately nervous for him. It meant he was getting outside his comfort zone and doing something new, public speaking. YIKES! 

Of course, Matthew and I were there to watch and support, and take pictures. (The obnoxious parents).
Spencer walked into the room where the announcements are broadcast from., sat down and got down to business. They "air" the announcements on the smart boards in each classroom, K-6.


Spencer had to put his paper cheat sheet across the table while "on air." Luckily, he was still able to read it.


He even got to lead the school in the Pledge of Allegiance. 


He was definitely nervous, but he kept going and made it through strongly. 
Matthew and I were (and always are) so proud of you, Spencer. 
You were pretty proud of yourself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment