Tonight Aunt Kimmy kept Maggie and Evan for me so that Spencer and I could go to the Thunder game. After we dropped off M and E at her house, I let Spencer pick the place for dinner. It didn't take him more than 30 seconds to choose McDonald's. Since it was his date night, that's where we went. We hit the drive through, grabbed our burgers and headed up to the city for the game.
It's about a 30 minute drive from where we were to the arena. During that time Spencer asked me about billboards. So I explained the concept of advertising and marketing as simply as I could. He wanted to know how much they cost, so I explained corporate budgeting. He asked me why some cars are faster than others. I told him about engineering... the little I know about it. He asked me about why James Harden no longer plays for the Thunder, I explained professional sports trades and salary caps.
Yes, our conversations are maturing.
Spencer is a smart boy. I am so thankful for this child every day of my life. He really is a blessing to Matthew and I. I'm the luckiest Mom in the world for being given the opportunity to answer his questions and help mold him into the man God intends him to be.
Date nights and conversations with my boy, nothing better.
No comments:
Post a Comment