Background

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Before"

I ran across the coolest project the other day, a video project and website project called "The Before Project." A film maker in Seattle is using his 5th grade son and the rest of his son's class to produce a film about being 11 years old. That time in life where you're not really a child anymore, but you haven't yet crossed into adolescence.

Watching the call for action (funds) video online brought me to tears. We have an almost 11 year old at home and the thought of him getting ANY older, bigger, wiser and closer to leaving home makes me want to lock the doors and board up the windows so that I may keep him with me, protected, loved and nurtured for the rest of his life. But that can't happen. I know in my heart he is rapidly becoming a man. Already he's spent more than half his life under our roof. This year, more than anything on my list - I'm going to treasure my tween... spend quality time with him as often as I can and love on him while he still lets me.  

If you have boys or girls this age, I encourage to check out this video and then reflect and join me in celebrating the feelings of this important age. The final video project will be complete in September. I can't wait!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/299517091/the-before-project

No comments:

Post a Comment